USC Compact Shootout Friday 02 - Sunday 04 August 2024 Santa Pod Raceway
Please note that these tickets are for race entries only and NOT general admission tickets. For general admission tickets: Click Here
Sports Compact Shootouts give those with “Compact” engine combinations an opportunity to race heads up at a limited number of events.
The shootouts welcome FWD, RWD and 4WD cars with 4, 5 or 6 cylinder engines and rotaries.
Entries will receive 2 weekend admission tickets (driver + one other) to the event. If you require any additional tickets, they will need to be purchased separately.
Entries will receive 2 Thursday arrival passes to the event. If you require any additional passes, they will need to be purchased separately
All entries will receive 2 car passes only. No additional passes will be issued under any circumstances.
The event organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry from the shootout if they deem necessary. For example, in the case of a car or driver being deemed unsafe or in breach of their class rules. The organisers decision is final and no disputes will be entered in to.
All entries are on a first come, first served basis. Entries are limited to 20 cars.
All entries must be proven to have run quicker than 12 seconds to be eligible for a shootout.
Gates open at 2pm Thursday for ALL competitors.
The closing date for entries is strictly Friday 26th July 2024 at 5pm, any entries received after this point may not be accepted.
Santa Pod Raceway - Airfield Road, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants, NN29 7XA
- A full valid recognised road driving licence or Motorsport UK/FIA licence is required to sign-on.
- A declaration form must be signed by the driver before running on the track.
- Each entry is limited to a maximum of three crew. All crew must be signed on in the Sign On Office and collect a wristband before running on the track.
- The Race Director/Promoter retains the right to refuse track access to any vehicle they deem to be unsuitable, entry will not be refunded.
- Entered vehicles may be subject to visual checks by the Race Director/Promoter to ensure suitability to race. (In connection with the above point)
- Qualified cars will advance to eliminations. All pairings will be based on a maximum 16 car ladder. 3 to 4 qualifiers will compete in 4 car eliminations, 5 to 12 in 8 car eliminations, 13 + cars in 16 car eliminations. (32 car ladders will be at the Event Director/Race Director/Promoters’ discretion).
- A maximum of 16 cars will be qualified and will enter eliminations. (See above regarding 32 car fields)
- All Normal Motorsport UK/FIA general rules will apply such as blue line, first or worst, red lights, boundary infringements and staging rules etc
- The 0.8 second handicap for RWD and 4WD cars over FWD cars will currently not apply for 2024. The Race Director/Promoter reserves the sole right to reinstate the handicap at any time if/when deemed necessary.
- 30 seconds starting rule from staging lanes applies. The Starters decision is final.
- The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- Prize Fund (8 & 16 car ladder) £750 winner, £250 Runner Up plus trophies. (£1500 winner, £500 Runner-up for USC)
- Prize Fund (32 car ladder): £1000 winner, £500 runner-up, £250 semi-finalists
- Prize fund paid only if minimum of 8 cars qualify otherwise only trophies will be issued.
- Front Wheel Drive, Rear Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel Drive are all permitted.
- 4 Cylinder, 5 Cylinder, 6 Cylinder and all Rotary engines are permitted.
- All Cars must have two operating doors and retain full-bodied appearance inc both bumpers and bonnet. No Dragsters, Altereds, Brogies or Funnycar-bodied cars will be allowed.
- Arm restraints are mandatory for all open top and windowless vehicles.
- A safety helmet that is fit for purpose, a suitable fire suit and suitable footwear are compulsory for ALL competitors. A neck brace or Hans Device is compulsory. Suitable gloves are highly recommended.
- By entering the driver declares that their vehicle is safe and complies with the necessary rules and regulations.
- All vehicles taking part must be fit for purpose. (All vehicles are subject to random spot checks by the Race Director/Promoter)
- Parachutes are compulsory for all vehicles exceeding 150mph+.
- Minimum 4-point harness compulsory. 5-point harness compulsory for all vehicles exceeding 145mph+
- Roll cage compulsory (minimum roll bar). Exclusions apply for vehicles manufactured later than 2010, running slower than 10.00 only.
- The Fuel system must be separated from the drivers compartment (including lines).
- All cars or engines must be manufactured in or after 1980.